The National Eye Institute 3-D Retina Organoid Challenge
GET YOUR 3-D ROC ON!
The National Eye Institute has its sights set on stimulating researchers to move rapidly toward treatments for retinal diseases. We need your scientific expertise: compete in a Challenge to develop a physiologically-competent 3-D retina organoid model.
Why is NEI sponsoring a challenge?
- Deliver a robust 3-D retina organoid system that can be leveraged by the broader research community.
- Galvanize cross-discipline collaborations to encourage transformational advances that will result in meaningful therapies.
- Converge efforts within and across fields to eliminate limitations in current organoid protocols and accelerate development of a 3-D retina organoid model that faithfully recapitulates human tissue.
- Set a standard for the field to model retinal diseases and test treatments in a system directly relevant to humans.
Why should you participate?
- Chance to win up to $1M in prizes as well as recognition within and outside the research community.
- Exposure to industry partners, vision advocacy groups, small businesses, cell banks, and other interested stakeholders.
- Opportunity to build your portfolio of expertise by teaming with scientists from diverse fields such as developmental biology, stem cell biology, bioengineering, and materials science.
Keep your eye on the prize!