POST DATE: 05/29/2013
CLOSING DATE: 06/11/2013
PROPOSED AWARD DATE: 6/12/2013
31 Center Drive
Building 31 Room 6A52
Bethesda, MD 20892
All responses must be submitted via email to:
Equipment Maintenance Renewal
The Autopure Ls is a high throughput, large scale automated DNA extractor. Its uses PureGene chemistry, accepts blood samples from 1-10ml. Up to 8 or 16 samples can be extracted in a batch and takes up to 80 mins per batch of 16 samples. The DNA yield for a 10ml blood samples is up to 500ug.
As required by federal law (the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988), our Autopure Ls instrument (Serial, #15006) must be covered by the technical services department of Giagen. This coverage is essential for prompt and accurate resolution of technical issues or malfunction, as well as appropriate software/hardware upgrades. We therefore are required to purchase the service contract to comply with federal law and to provide consistent and high quality health care results to those who submit specimens to our laboratory.
Contractor is to provide all labor, material and equipment to provide preventive maintenance for government-owned Autopure Ls for the period 01 JUNE 13 thru 31 MAY 14. All maintenance services shall be performed in accordance with the manufacturer’s standard commercial maintenance practices.
Planned maintenance visits are intended to minimize the need for service calls. Vendor may perform more than the number of planned maintenance visits indicated in Vendor’s quotation, at Vendor’s discretion. Customer will not be charged for any planned maintenance visits made during the plan period, except for visits that are in addition to the number indicated in Vendor quotation that are requested by customer.
Scope of Work
1. Parts, labor and travel for remedial repair coverage.
2. One planned maintenance visit at no additional charge.
3. Guaranteed priority response time of 2 business days after receipt of a service call for instruments. If said vendor fails to arrive at the instrument location within 2 business days for reasons other than customer’s failure to provide access to vendor or causes beyond the reasonable control of Vendor, Vendor will provide customer a service plan renewal credit in an amount equivalent to one day’s pro-rated charge for each day vendor’s response is late.
4. Priority telephone and email access to instrument technical support.
5. Telephone and email access to application technical support.
6. Onsite delivery for repairs services.
Period of Performance
Period of performance shall be for one year from 01 JUNE 13 thru 31 MAY 14.
Place of Performance
Service shall be performed at the following location:
10 Center Drive, Rm10N228
Bethesda, MD 20892
Terms of payment are net 30 days from invoice date.
Last Updated: May 2013