Write the Vision: Make Your Plan to Protect Your Sight is a year-round, calendar-based eye health awareness initiative designed specifically for African Americans. It provides resources to organizations to help them promote healthy vision within the communities they serve. This program offers a free set of materials each month, featuring a unique message that promotes healthy vision using a seasonal theme. Monthly materials may include articles, slides, fact sheets, or infographics that users can easily incorporate into their existing programs and community outreach.
Thank you to the organizations that participated in the Write the Vision pilot program, by providing valuable feedback on the materials’ cultural relevance, clarity, and ease of use. Your support is helping us build this important program, which we hope will make a significant difference in the eye health of the people in the communities you serve. Pilot participants included the following:
- AARP Virginia State Office, Multicultural Outreach
- Chi Eta Phi Sorority, Inc.—NEHEP partner
- Greater Universal Baptist Church (Bronx, NY)
- Mount Zion Baptist Church (Arlington, VA)
- National Optometric Association—NEHEP partner
- The Links, Inc., Metropolitan District of Columbia Chapter