This program provides health professionals with tools and guidance for educating older adults about eye health, eye diseases and conditions, and the importance of comprehensive dilated eye examinations.
Key Target Audiences: Adults age 50 and older.
Key Program Messages:
- Everyone aged 50 and older should have a comprehensive dilated eye exam.
- Eye diseases have no early warning signs or symptoms.
- Early detection and treatment may prevent vision loss or blindness.
- Vision and Aging Infographic
- See Well for a Lifetime Toolkit
- How to Use the See Well Toolkit
- Promote the Toolkit
- Medicare Benefit for Eye Health
- Vodcasts on Age-Related Eye Diseases & Conditions
- Healthy Aging Month Resources
See Well for a Lifetime Program: An Educational Series on Vision and Aging
The See Well for a Lifetime program is a new educational series designed to help educate older adults about eye health. The core educational piece of this program is the See Well for a Lifetime Toolkit, which was developed for professionals who work with older adults. The Toolkit conveys science-based, easy-to-understand information about eye health, common vision changes associated with aging, age-related eye diseases and conditions, and the importance of comprehensive dilated eye exams. The Toolkit comprises three modules that can be used for individual educational sessions or that can build on each other as a series. Learn about the Toolkit and download related materials.