Yi-Sheng Chang, M.D., Ph.D.
Yi-Sheng Chang earned a M.D. from National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, in 1994, and a Ph.D. from National Cheng Kung University (NCKU), Tainan, Taiwan in 2008. He served in the army as second lieutenant at the surgical service during 1994-1996, and then completed his residency training at the Department of Ophthalmology, NCKU Hospital during 1996-2000. He served as visiting staff since 2000, lecturer during 2005-2008, and assistant professor and chief of the retinal service at NCKU Medical Center since 2008.
Under the supervision of Dr Sung-Huei Tseng and Chao-Liang Wu, Dr. Chang investigated the ocular toxicities of triamcinolone acetonide and its preservative benzyl alcohol in his Ph.D. thesis. He has authored 20 publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals. He obtained a physician award from National Health Research Institutes, Taiwan, and joined the N-NRL as guest researcher in July 2010. His research focuses on the derivation, differentiation and transplantation of photoreceptors for retinal degeneration.
- Chang YS, Wu CL, Tseng SH, Kuo PY, Tseng SY. In vitro benzyl alcohol cytotoxicity: implications for intravitreal use of triamcinolone acetonide. Exp Eye Res 2008; 86:942-50.
- Chang YS, Chen WC, Tseng SH, Sze CI, Wu CL. Subconjunctival mitomycin C before pterygium excision: an ultrastructural study. Cornea 2008; 27:471-5.
- Chang YS, Wu CL, Tseng SH, Kuo PY, Tseng SY. Cytotoxicity of triamcinolone acetonide on human retinal pigment epithelial cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2007; 48:2792-8.
- Chang YS, Huang FC, Tseng SH, Hsu CK, Ho CL, Sheu HM. Erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, and toxic epidermal necrolysis - acute ocular manifestations, causes, and management. Cornea 2007; 26:123-9.
- Chang YS, Tseng SY, Tseng SH, Wu CL, Chen MF. Triamcinolone acetonide suspension toxicity to corneal endothelial cells. J Cataract Refract Surg 2006; 32:1549-55.
- Chang YS, Tseng SY, Tseng SH, Wu CL. Cytotoxicity of lidocaine or bupivacaine on corneal endothelial cells in a rabbit model. Cornea 2006; 25:590-6.
- Shi CS, Shi GY, Chang YS, Han HS, Kuo CH, Liu C, Huang HC, Chang YJ, Chen PS, Wu HL. Evidence of human thrombomodulin domain as a novel angiogenic factor. Circulation 2005; 111:1627-36.
- Chang YS, Tseng SY, Tseng SH, Chen YT, Hsiao JH. Comparison of dyes for cataract surgery. Part I: Cytotoxicity to corneal endothelial cells in a rabbit model. J Cataract Refract Surg 2005; 31:792-8.
- Chang YS, Tseng SY, Tseng SH. Comparison of dyes for cataract surgery. Part II: Efficacy for capsule staining in a rabbit model. J Cataract Refract Surg 2005; 31:799-804.