Newsletter or Blog Content for Health Educators
Do you have a blog or newsletter for health educators? Use this content to share our Healthy Vision Month resources and tools with your community. If you want to add images to the article, use our social media graphics.
May is Healthy Vision Month: Make Vision a Focus
During Healthy Vision Month, the National Eye Institute (NEI) works to empower adults to take care of their vision — and to inspire health professionals to make vision a public health priority. This year, NEI wants to highlight the importance of prevention, especially among younger adults ages 25–35 who may be at risk for vision issues in the future based on their health behaviors now.
It’s important to Make Vision A Focus because:
- Without it, people wouldn’t be able to see the beautiful world around them.
- Eye diseases often have no early warning signs or symptoms.
- Because of family history, some people are at higher risk for certain eye diseases and conditions.
- Getting an eye exam is the only way to identify and diagnose eye diseases and conditions, so they can be treated before they cause vision problems.
Help NEI Make Vision a Focus. The Healthy Vision Month website, www.nei.nih.gov/hvm, has information and resources to help you spread the word during May — or at any time of year. Visit the website to get free resources, including:
- A Healthy Vision Toolkit with resources in English and Spanish, social media posts, a ready-to-share article, graphics, a pre-written newsletter, and more
- Web buttons to post on websites or blogs
Let’s make vision a focus! Help us promote healthy vision nationwide by sharing these resources, and by encouraging others to visit the Healthy Vision Month website. We need champions like you to help make vision a health priority for everyone.