Usher syndrome is the most common condition that affects both hearing and vision; sometimes it also affects balance. The major symptoms of Usher syndrome are deafness or hearing loss and an eye disease called retinitis pigmentosa (RP).
Usher syndrome is inherited as an autosomal recessive trait that affects both hearing and vision. The major symptoms of Usher syndrome are hearing loss and an eye disorder called retinitis pigmentosa, or RP.
Eye Health Resources
- Eye Health Organizations Database
- Finding an Eye Care Professional
- Financial Aid for Eye Care
- Talking to Your Doctor
- Facts About Clinical Trials in Vision Research
- Videocasts on Vision Science and Eye Health, Archive
- Photo and Image Catalog
- Information in Spanish (Información en español)