A number of historical NEI publications, which may be of general interest to the vision research community, are available by request. These documents are not available in a format that can be posted on this website, but may be obtained as PDF files from the NEI Office of Science Communications, Public Liaison, and Education, firstname.lastname@example.org; (301) 496-5248.
The following documents are readily available:
Clinical Trials Supported by the National Eye Institute: Evaluating New Approaches to the Treatment of Eye and Vision Disorders
- 1988: NIH Publication No. 88-2910
- 1990: NIH Publication No. 90-2910
- 1993: NIH Publication No. 93-2960
National Eye Institute Annual and Biennial Reports
- FY1987, Accomplishments and Opportunities
National Advisory Eye Council (NAEC) Reports
- 1976 Interim Report of the NAEC, Support for Vision Research
- FY1987, NAEC Recommendations
The originals of several of these documents are old mimeographs. Quasi-legible pages result from poor quality originals, not from the scanning process.