The National Eye Institute has its sights set on stimulating researchers to move rapidly toward treatments for retinal diseases. We need your scientific expertise: compete in a Challenge to develop a physiologically-competent 3-D retina organoid model.
Why is NEI sponsoring a challenge?
- Deliver a robust 3-D retina organoid system that can be leveraged by the broader research community.
- Galvanize cross-discipline collaborations to encourage transformational advances that will result in meaningful therapies.
- Converge efforts across fields to eliminate limitations in current organoid protocols and accelerate development of a 3-D retina organoid model that faithfully recapitulates human tissue.
- Set a standard for the field to model retinal diseases and test treatments in a system directly relevant to humans.
Why should scientists participate?
- Chance to win up to $1M* in prizes as well as recognition within and outside the research community.
- Exposure to industry partners, vision advocacy groups, small businesses, cell banks, and other stakeholders.
- Opportunity to build your portfolio of expertise by teaming with scientists from diverse fields such as developmental biology, stem cell biology, bioengineering, and materials science.
- Contact us for slides from the recent informational webinar for solvers
Company or organization interested in supporting the participants?
- Contact us for slides from the recent informational webinar for sponsors
Coming in spring 2017: keep your eye on the prize!
*US citizens are eligible to win prize money.