- NEI AGI funds six projects to identify biological factors that influence neural regeneration. September 1, 2016
- The AGI online discussion forum is now live! Join the conversation.
- NEI Director Paul A. Sieving talks about the Audacious Goals Initiative with NIH Director Francis Collins and his advisory committee, Dec. 11, 2015. View archived video.
- Report on the National Eye Institute Audacious Goals Initiative: Photoreceptor Regeneration and Integration Workshop published in Translational Vision Science & Technology, Nov. 2015. Read report.
- Joshua R. Sanes (Harvard) kicks off AGI Seminar Series in Neuroregeneration on NIH Campus in Bethesda, Md., Nov. 2, 2015, in Lipsett Amphitheater (Building 10). Read summary and view archived video.
- Registration opens for Reconnecting Neurons in the Visual System panel discussion, a satellite event at the Society for Neuroscience annual meeting, Oct. 16, Chicago. (Aug. 25, 2015)
- The NEI AGI announces funding opportunity for Discovery-based Science to Identify Factors Influencing Neural Regeneration in the Visual System (Aug. 21, 2015)
- NIH Launches Research to Gaze Deeply Into Your Eyes. The NEI awards funding for 5 bold projects that will develop new technology to noninvasively image cells of the eye in unprecedented detail. (May 1, 2015)
- Workshop Report: Regenerating the Optic Nerve. NEI held a workshop in Washington, D.C. on November 19, 2014 focused on identifying promising strategies for optic nerve regeneration. This report summarizes the discussion and presents a plan for moving forward. (Apr. 24, 2015)
- NEI Director Paul Sieving answers reporters' questions about the Audacious Goals Initiative at Society for Neuroscience press conference, Nov. 17, Washington. See video highlights. (Nov. 16, 2014)
- NEI hosts workshop on regeneration of the optic nerve (Nov. 19, 2014)
- NEI issues a Request for Information on eliminating barriers to regenerating retinal neurons and their connections (Aug. 20, 2014)
- NEI issues RFA Addressing Technical Needs and Opportunities for Imaging the Visual System (RFA-EY-14-001) (Apr. 23, 2014)
- NIH competition awards prizes for audacious ideas in vision research (Feb. 8, 2013)
- NIH launches contest for audacious goals in vision research (Aug. 13 2012)