Vision and Aging
See Well for a Lifetime Toolkit
Module 1:Making Vision a Health Priority
The purpose of this module is to present information about vision changes that can occur with age, the importance of eye health, and the need for regular comprehensive dilated eye exams. Participants will learn that vision loss is not a normal part of aging and what they can do to protect their vision as they age. After attending the educational session, participants will be able to do the following:
- Identify vision changes associated with aging.
- Identify at least two lifestyle practices that support eye health.
- List three questions to ask an eye care professional.
- Making Vision a Health Priority PowerPoint Presentation and PDF* Document
- Speaker's Guide PDF*
- Making Vision a Health Priority Participant Handout PDF*
- Age-Related Eye Diseases At-a-Glance Participant Handout PDF*
- Eye Diagram Handout PDF*
- Dilated Eye Exam Handout PDF*
- Promotional Announcement PDF* or Word Document
- Participant Evaluation Form PDF*
Let us hear from you!
Please share any comments or suggestions you have about your experience in using this module. Your feedback is very important to us! Leave feedback.View and download other module materials.