Welcome to the Diabetes and Healthy Eyes Toolkit
The Diabetes and Healthy Eyes Toolkit is a great tool to use with small groups of people in community settings or during diabetes self-management classes. It provides all the materials and tools necessary to inform people how diabetes affects the eyes, the importance of comprehensive dilated eye exams, and how people can protect their sight from diabetic eye disease. Available in English and Spanish, the toolkit includes the following:
- Diabetes and Healthy Eyes Flipchart. Use this in small group settings to help educate people about diabetic eye disease.
- Diabetes and Healthy Eyes Module. Use this module to learn about diabetic eye disease and how to use the flipchart to educate others about this disease.
- Watch Out for Your Vision! Brochure. (ˇOjo con su Visión! Si tiene diabetes, lea esta historia) Booklet. Distribute copies of this booklet to people with diabetes to help them learn about the importance of getting a dilated eye exam at least once a year.
- Medicare Benefits Card. Help promote the glaucoma and diabetic eye disease benefit under Medicare.
- Publications Order Form. Order diabetic eye disease materials and resources.
- Evaluation Form. Share your thoughts and experiences using the Toolkit.
- CD-ROM with copies of the module, flipchart and handouts.
Additional materials include a:
- TRACK Diabetes Magnet. (English only). Give tips to people with diabetes about keeping their health on TRACK.
- Lo bello entra por los ojos...no deje que la diabetes cierre esa ventana (Beauty enters through the eyes. Don't let diabetes close the window) Poster (Spanish only). Remind people with diabetes about getting a dilated eye exam at least once a year.
Read more about the Diabetes and Healthy Eyes Toolkit in Family and Community Health.