American Diabetes Month
November is American
Join NEHEP in raising awareness about
diabetic eye disease by using
Use the resources below to encourage people with diabetes to have a comprehensive dilated eye exam at least once a year to detect diabetic eye disease in its early, treatable stages.
Diabetic Eye Disease Drop-in Articles
Use these articles in newsletters, magazines, newspapers, or on websites to raise awareness about diabetic eye disease.
- Diabetic Eye Disease Rates Increase Among U.S. Population Word | PDF*
- Aumenta la incidencia de la enfermedad diabética del ojo entre hispanos Word | PDF*
- Diabetic Eye Disease Rates Increase Among Hispanics/Latinos Word | PDF*
Social Media Messages
Post messages on your Facebook and Twitter pages for your followers to see and share, or send a few to your organization's blog or an influencer blogger. Some sample messages are below. Find more posts about diabetic eye disease you can use year-round here.
- November is American Diabetes Month. @NEHEP has resources to help protect the sight of people with #diabetes. http://1.usa.gov/PGIbnF
- November is American #Diabetes Month. Don't lose sight of diabetic eye disease. Learn more from @NEHEP http://1.usa.gov/PGIbnF
- If you have #diabetes, make healthy vision YOUR priority during American Diabetes Month! Learn more from @NEHEP http://1.usa.gov/PGIbnF
Copy and paste this banner into your email signature or:
- Select and copy the table below.
- Then go to File > Options > Mail. On the right, click the Signatures button.
- On the popup, click New and name your signature (i.e., "ADM").
- In the white box, right click and hit "Paste". The table borders should not appear. Save.
- Choose the new signature (i.e., "ADM") from the dropdown.
For email systems that do not allow pictures to be added, a plain text version is below. Simply copy and paste.
November is American Diabetes Month. Don't Lose Sight of Diabetic Eye Disease.
Learn more about diabetic eye disease. Visit www.nei.nih.gov/diabetes.
Diabetic Eye Disease Materials and Resources
NEHEP offers a wide variety of educational materials and resources in English and Spanish that can be used year-round to educate people with diabetes about vision health.