Special NEI Application Guidelines
Note that as grant mechanisms transition to electronic submission at Grants.gov on the SF424 (R&R), the NIH will be issuing mechanism-specific omnibus solicitations. In those cases where the NEI deviates from the omnibus guidelines, the appropriate information will be presented as a link associated with the omnibus on the Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOA) section of the NEI Grants and Funding website. This page will not duplicate links that are available in the FOA section.
Listing of all Grant Mechanisms Supported by the NEI
Applied Clinical Research
- Registration in ClinicalTrials.gov
- NEI Policy on Open Access to Research Results (PDF)
- Long Term Follow Up for Patients in Gene Transfer Protocols
- Reminder of NIH Policy for Enhancing the Science, Safety, and Ethics of Recombinant DNA Research
- NEI Guidelines for Data and Safety Monitoring of Clinical Trials
- NEI Guidelines for Data Monitoring and Oversight of Observational Studies
Research Career Development
Please note that for K series awards, the NEI does not impose any special cap on salary requests beyond that imposed legislatively. Please consult the Health and Human Services Salary Cap Summary page for the current level.